This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

Return to Index  

SmartView macros

June 20 2012 at 4:09 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 206.228.222.38

I'm asking for some advice before coding some SmartView macros. We want to setup a SmartView tab in a workbook and send it to users so they can fill it in and submit the data to a Hyperion Planning database.

We want to have excel formulas on certain rows in the sheet that do simple totaling for accounts and periods. We would ideally like those formula cells to be protected so they can't be overwritten by the users.

What we've found is that when you protect a sheet in SmartView, users can't login to the database until the sheet is unprotected. Users also can't submit or refresh data from a protected sheet.

I'm planning to code some VB macros attached to buttons on the sheet to do submits and refreshes that would include un-protecting and re-protecting the sheets. What should I do for logging in? Another button on the sheet? We have multiple planning databases and users login to different databases, so any login macro would need to prompt for the server/app/database in addition to userid/password.

Any advice before I do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. HypConnected - Jeff McAhren on Jun 20, 4:34 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.