This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

Clear data for a month

July 5 2012 at 10:45 AM
No score for this post
Tamas 
from IP address 220.227.245.130

Hello All,

We are currently working on 11.1.2.1 on 64-bit.
We have a planning application which is having total 13 dimensions. We have a requirement we need to clear L0 data for all dimensions(Accounts,Entity,Project Plans,Cost Centres,Employee,Emp_HH,Data type,Period,Year,Scenario,version,HSP_Rates,Currency)
Out of 13 dimensions 2(Accounts,Period) are densse and the remaining are sparse.
My application contains 15GB of data.
I have written the script like this to clear the data.

1. Fixed all members at the highlevel.

FIX("final","FY12","jan","Actual","HSP_InputValue","USD",@LEVMBRS("Account",0),@LEVMBRS ("Data Type",0)
,@LEVMBRS ("Entity",0),@LEVMBRS ("Practices",0),@LEVMBRS ("Emp_HP",0),@LEVMBRS ("Employee",0),@LEVMBRS ("Project Plans",0))

CLEARBLOCK ALL ;

ENDFIX;

This didnt work.

2.Fixed particular members of the account dimension.

Fix ("final","FY12","jan","Actual","HSP_InputValue",@idescendants("Total Gross Labor Revenue",0)
,@idescendants("Total Reimbursable and Consultant Revenue",0),@idescendants("Total Reserves and Write Offs",0),
@idescendants("MRE Expense",0),@idescendants("Non-MRE Reimbursable Expenses",0),
@idescendants("MRE Adjustment",0))

CLEARDATA USD;
CLEARDATA Local;

Endfix;

This didnt work.

3. Fixed certain members of the account dimension at the highlevel.

FIX ("final","FY12","jan","Actual","HSP_InputValue","USD",@idescendants("Income From Ops After Bonus",0),@idescendants("Gross Margin",0),@idescendants("Statistics - ProjPlan",0))
CLEARBLOCK ALL ;
ENDFIX

This didnt work.

I tried all the 3 methods but the result is same.
When i checked for the application log it says Removed Blocks(0).

Block size:84512

Can someone help on this how best we can write a script to clear the L0 data from the database.

Thanks,
Tamas

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Clear data for a month - GlennS on Jul 6, 2012, 4:57 PM
  3. Are you trying to retain upper level data? - Anonymous on Jul 9, 2012, 11:50 AM

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.