Need Ammo - Essbase vs BPCJuly 23 2012 at 7:31 PM
No score for this post
from IP address 18.104.22.168
My company has been using Essbase for about 8 year now, and most of us are very happy with it. (Currently using Essbase 11.2, custom written planning application using Excel VBA and essbase).
However, the company is going through a complete transformation from Lawson to SAP, and they're trying to force me to retire Essbase and replace it with BPC.
Its early in the process, but everything I've seen about BPC and Bex Analyzer makes it look clunky and inflexible. The Excel add-in is rigid, and doesn't seem to have a VBA language like Essbase does. There's a reason we picked Hyperion 8 years ago vs Outlooksoft.
Anyway, these are just my opinions. Does anybody have any good documentation or current case studies that I can use as ammo for keeping Essbase?
I've heard that lots of SAP companies still use Hyperion Essbase, but I need something tangible to convince the powers that be.
- years Ago - Angie on Jul 24, 12:14 PM
- No Satisfied Customers - Marvin Monk on Jul 25, 1:09 PM
- Re: No Satisfied Customers - Jeff McAhren on Jul 25, 1:15 PM
- No Kidding - Rich on Jul 25, 3:03 PM
- BPC Sales Presentation - Marvin Monk on Jul 25, 3:13 PM
- blog post from Oracle EPM - Anonymous on Jul 25, 2:33 PM
- Multiple configuration issues - Anonymous on Jul 25, 2:35 PM
- Essbase Only - Rich on Jul 25, 2:57 PM
- Re: Need Ammo - Essbase vs BPC - Tim Tow on Jul 25, 5:07 PM
- Trying to avoid - Rich on Jul 26, 10:31 AM
- *Real* References? - Jeff McAhren on Jul 26, 10:49 AM
- Re: Need Ammo - Essbase vs BPC - sroux on Jul 26, 3:36 PM
- Maybe ... - Alan Hutchins on Jul 30, 3:47 AM