migrate essbase data from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206July 31 2012 at 3:13 AM
No score for this post
from IP address 220.127.116.11
I have a cube from essbase database version 18.104.22.168 (entire folder in the filesystem) that includes all files .ind,.pag,.db, otl etc
Now I need to use this data again in an 22.214.171.124 application - same application but different envrionment. So I created a new application with the same name in 126.96.36.199 and migrated all files (.ind,.pag,.db,.dbb,.otl,.csc) from the folder of the old application.
I know i can export data and import it again to the new app on the new server..but i cannot do this as i donot have access to the old server anymore..
Is there a way i can extract data from ind and pag files and load it in my new app without accessing the old server..
Not sure but will just copy pasting .ind,.pag,.db,.dbb,.otl and anyother file to the new app help ?
Any pointers on whether this method or any other method is possible will be appreciated. Also, I posted this in OTN discussion forums but no one is replying out there.
Thanks in Advance!!!
- Essbase Level 0 Data or All Data Export - on Jul 31, 2012, 1:40 PM
- So does it work or doesn't it? - on Jul 31, 2012, 5:38 PM
- migrate essbase data from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 - on Jul 31, 2012, 8:32 PM
- Exact paths - on Jul 31, 2012, 8:45 PM
- Exact paths - on Jul 31, 2012, 9:04 PM
- Yes - on Jul 31, 2012, 9:40 PM
- Exact Paths - on Aug 1, 2012, 2:52 AM
- Re: Exact Paths - on Aug 1, 2012, 8:12 PM
- Re: I agree with John - on Aug 2, 2012, 10:57 AM
- Agree this is a "Worst Practice" - on Aug 2, 2012, 1:51 PM