This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

DataExport Command, separate FIX statements, 1 file?

February 15 2013 at 4:09 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous 
from IP address 199.105.75.242

Hello All,
I am looking at some options for extracting data. My requirement is that I need subsets of data from my cube. Some would be level 0, others would be a rollup. I like the dataexport command however, I am finding that i need to create a separate file for each subset of data.

For example: I need the rollup of Cost of Goods for Company A, and a level 0 for expenses for Company B. This would require two separate fix statements (correct me if I am wrong) b/c I don't want to see Cost of Goods for Company B nor do I want to see level 0 Expenses for Company B.

With the dataexport command, I am not able to append to a file. I am using Essbase 9.3. I am not glued to DataExport so I am open to other suggestions. I know the workaround would be to cut and past the two files together but has anyone had a similar situation? Thank you.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: DataExport Command, separate FIX statements, 1 file? - GlennS on Feb 19, 4:14 PM

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.