This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

Return to Index  

calc script on a outline member in BSO outline to ASO source partition?

February 20 2013 at 4:43 PM
No score for this post

from IP address 108.28.113.113

Essbase 11.1.1.4. Is it possible to create a functioning outline member formula on a BSO outline that can source data partly from an ASO cube across a transparent partition? The reason being is our plan data is stored at upper level members (to be stored in BSO target) while the bulk of the actuals are stored at level 0 (to be stored in ASO source). The calcscript would be used to calculate the variance between actuals (ASO) and plan (BSO) from a dynamic sparse member on the BSO outline.

I played around a bit to try to get it all in one ASO cube, but I haven't been able to trick ASO into loading upper level data (using dummy level0) members. The upper level data that I loaded to dummy members rolled up all over the place and looked ridiculous (adding plan % from various upper levels) before I could even get to the MDX scripting.

Any advice is appreciated.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Try this - Jimmy on Feb 20, 5:24 PM
    1. thanks for the suggestion - James on Feb 25, 9:40 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.