JOD / Job on demand alternativeJanuary 6 2017 at 10:20 AM
No score for this post
from IP address 184.108.40.206
At my client we are currently using a JOD or "job on demand" interface which a set of bat that include the [in]famous CHOICE command. The JOD is executed from a shared directory and a scheduling triggers the selected actions (bat executes maxl and so on).
Choice is better than nothing and I must admit that it gives good interaction with system (bat, maxl etc.) however it is awful and error prone as some of our batch do more than 3000 row.
What would be the alternatives around? I was thinking indeed about a kind of web template or framework to build this kind of task and workflow but sure I must be dreaming!..
- RunDeck - John A. Booth on Jan 6, 2017, 10:57 AM
- Re: RunDeck - Pete on Jan 7, 2017, 2:08 AM
- Yes - John A. Booth on Jan 7, 2017, 9:33 AM
- Re: Yes - Anonymous on Jan 7, 2017, 11:05 AM
- Re: Yes - Pete on Jan 9, 2017, 12:22 AM
- Just what *are* you trying to do? - Cameron Lackpour on Jan 9, 2017, 8:18 AM
- yes curious also - John A. Booth on Jan 9, 2017, 10:39 AM
- Re: yes curious also - Sebroux on Jan 10, 2017, 2:08 PM
- Or -- gasp -- Planning - Cameron Lackpour on Jan 10, 2017, 3:11 PM
- User Automation - Kevin Cox on Jan 9, 2017, 10:21 AM