This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

Re: Where to start?

March 27 2017 at 5:41 PM
No score for this post
Pete 
from IP address 1.136.96.66

Response to Re: Where to start?

The only 'production' instance we have that runs a calc all is an internal db tracking size and properties of applications - and the calc all is due to sheer laziness.

This is probably also why it's not hybrid and fully dynamic.

To the OP, another option if you're looking at databases where 'calc all' is an option may well be to go straight to an ASO cube. If there is literally no complicated logic held inside the cube you'll likely be better off just in ASO where you don't have to worry about aggregation.

pete

ps: For anyone else who wants a quick laugh, have a look at the new 'CALC ALL EXCEPT' functions (11.1.2.3? .500?). To quote every high school girl ever, I literally cannot even.
pps: I have a vague jet-lagged memory of somebody presenting at kscope 16 on the very unused 'calc all' and 'intelligent calculation' as a very real option - was anyone else in that session or did I literally make it up in my mind.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Here you go... - Cameron Lackpour on Mar 28, 2017, 10:37 AM

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.