This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

Re: Struggles

June 2 2017 at 7:29 PM
No score for this post
Pete 
from IP address 124.188.5.16

Response to Re: Struggles

I agree completely with Jeff - if you've got a single product you're kinda fine, but if you're trying to train across the entire essbase\planning\HFM stack the (meaningless!) inconsistencies are a pain in the arse.

In many ways it seems like the oracle development guys are afraid of standardising to one particular method (imagine the outcry on this board if they went to the HFM formatting!) but...it's to the detriment of the entire product.

And the POV buttons are a travesty. The default is awful, the behaviour inconsistent, the drag and drop output is a nightmare (why would you include the top level dimension name as well in a list of 1!)

All that being said? I like Smartview. I really do. I just occasionally need to remind myself.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.