This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended

June 15 2017 at 12:32 PM
No score for this post

Gary Crisci 
from IP address 216.66.5.46

Response to Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended

I believe Oracle is shifting position based on capabilities. Initially Oracle was pushing SaaS apps as the only solution. They are investing more in IaaS and PaaS now. The question we are asking, and Oracle is taking seriously is, "if I move to the "Cloud" using your IaaS or PaaS, are you going to tell me I'm using non-strategic software?"

The question becomes, do I need to go to SaaS if I want to go to the cloud with Oracle? They need to be very careful about that answer. I think they are aware of this and looking to figure out how to support different customer needs.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended - TimG on Jun 15, 2017, 2:04 PM
    1. Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended - Pete on Jun 15, 2017, 9:59 PM
      1. It's a PaaS play - Cameron Lackpour on Jun 15, 2017, 10:23 PM
    2. Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended - Gary Crisci on Jun 16, 2017, 8:09 AM
      1. Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended - Tim Tow on Jun 16, 2017, 10:54 AM
        1. When will OAC's Essbase make it to on-premises or will it ever? - Cameron Lackpour on Jun 16, 2017, 11:37 AM
      2. Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended - GlennS on Jun 16, 2017, 1:28 PM

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.