This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
 Return to Index  

Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended

June 16 2017 at 1:28 PM
No score for this post
GlennS 
from IP address 207.126.99.193

Response to Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended

We all talk about cloud like it is this big different thing. In some ways it is, in others it is no different than what we have. For companies that are "Cloud" adverse, Oracle is offering "Cloud at Customer" to put the machine in the client's data center. I believe the requirement for that is it has to be a certain size and at least a three year subscription. While I would love to see the improvements ported to On-Prem, I understand how it does not make sense for Oracle to do so with all the testing on environments that has to be done. Cloud at customer would help with that as it would still be one platform.
I do think Oracle is getting customers upset with the lack of support for On-Prem and some as asking if I have to convert, why don't I look at other technologies

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.