This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • It's a PaaS play
    • Cameron Lackpour
      Posted Jun 15, 2017 10:23 PM

Machine image, unlimited users, managing patches, buying fortyleven SKUs, etc., etc., etc. is all very different from EPM's SaaS model.

That's the key thing to understand: This Is Not EPM. Know that and then you'll understand why things are so different.

Now as to what I, in my incredibly unimportant (yeah, you know that and so do I) way, would like to see is EPM on PaaS but I don't know if that will ever happen. Tim Tow has been talking about Essbase-in-a-box for literally years -- well before Oracle bought Hyperion. Maybe some time that will come true for all of what we (not really Oracle) consider to be "Hyperion". A man can dream.

In the meantime, you should come to all of the sessions (I think there are least three if not four non-Oracle ones) at Kscope. I'm super interested to observe the different perspectives we'll have on the tool. It is fascinating and not-so-much all at the same time.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.