This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Big news: Hyperion on-premise premier support extended
    • Tim Tow
      Posted Jun 16, 2017 10:54 AM

In my world, which is focused primarily on Essbase customers, there is a lot of apprehension in going to the Essbase cloud and, the longer the customer has been an Essbase shop, and therefore probably have some pretty good pricing, the more the apprehension. Some of my customers just say there is no way they are going to cede control of the infrastructure, which they have spent years building and refining, to an unknown environment. Currently, I know of only one customer in my world looking at Essbase cloud (OAC). The cost is also a large factor. I have a couple of customers who, if they spec'ed out OAC to fit their needs, the monthly cost would exceed the original price they paid for a perpetual license.

These customers are not going to settle for never having an upgrade. My guess is that the tides will shift and Oracle will put more focus back in on-prem; the on-prem versions of the software will benefit from the cloud efforts in stability and manageability.

In the IAAS battle with Amazon/Microsoft, I read an article regarding how Oracle is fighting them that said, if I remember correctly, that Oracle is charging double if the customer installs on AWS/Azure. I would think they could get sued for that..

Tim

Tim Tow
      Oracle ACE Alumni
      Applied OLAP, Inc
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.