This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lumensoft Spreadsheet Addin Tool

September 18 2002 at 12:26 PM
No score for this post
Jimbo Covert 
from IP address 216.4.24.218

Has anyone used this product? I curious as to it's functionality? Can you comment as to the cost? Was it worth the money?

Thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SSOUser

LumenSoft SpreadsheetObjects (SSO)

No score for this post
September 20 2002, 7:37 AM 

I use SSO for a couple applications created in a large financial services company. It provides me with methods that I need to quickly create and modify my applications as my customers requirements change. Once the main cube was built, using SSO, I was able to create a reporting application, that hundreds of people have access to, in less than two months. SSO gave me a great platform to start from and I enhanced the base application as needed. You can basically plug SSO into an existing outline and have base reports up and distributable in less than a day. Modification of the base reports may be needed but with a little VBA knowledge (which is easy to attain) you can build some pretty cool stuff. The cost for the product was low compared to pretty well anything else. It has paid for itself in the six months we've owned it by saving us time from writing this stuff ourselves, frankly we didn't have the expertise to do it and consultants would have costs us a TON more. If you want to build an application using excel and essbase, distributable to anyone in your organization (i.e. client server), without hiring a consultant, this is the way to go.

Not Fooled

Re: LumenSoft SpreadsheetObjects (SSO)

No score for this post
September 20 2002, 3:40 PM 

You wouldn't happen to work for Lumensoft,
would you? Nice try.

paul

SSO

No score for this post
September 20 2002, 4:57 PM 

I can't speak for who SSOUser is, but I've seen a demo of SSO and I'd have to agree that there is a TON of functionality out of the box that I've generally seen take hundreds of hours of coding to accomplish (and that's not including all the deployment functionality either). It's definitely worth a look if you're considering writing customized essbase templates for reporting or writeback applications. I work for a paging company, Arch Wireless.

SSOUser

Re: Re: LumenSoft SpreadsheetObjects (SSO)

No score for this post
September 23 2002, 8:30 AM 

I don't work for LumenSoft, I work for an Insurance Company, that uses SSO. You asked some questions, I wrote my thoughts. Code it all yourself, cowboy.

JimboCovert

Thanks...pricing?!

No score for this post
September 23 2002, 11:29 AM 

I don't work for Lumensoft. I am just a analyst so far down the chain, nobody notices me.

Anyway, I heard some good things about it. And, since we do a lot of the coding ourselves (ie myself), I was looking for a way to leverage current knowledge, and applications, to deliver something a bit more useful via the web.

I didn't want to initiate a sales call just yet. I am trying to get some pricing info (nothing specific, just a ballpark, ie, down to the thousands.)

Respond offline if your more confortable with it. I am not trying to screw anyone, but I hate that call the salesman, set up a meeting, 10 senior folks involved, then "too much, maybe next year". Just trying to do a little leg work now.

Thanks again.

paul

SSO pricing

No score for this post
September 23 2002, 2:38 PM 

$15K for 1 developer/admin license ($8K for 2-5), plus $190 each for viewer licenses (for 1-100). I don't know what the pricing does beyond that, my assumption is it's lower the more you buy.

peter

price too high even they slash by 80% still too high

No score for this post
August 22 2011, 11:31 AM 

why not try open source free software there are tons and i know some better than them

John A. Booth

9 year old chain?

No score for this post
August 22 2011, 11:22 PM 

Hi Peter,

Any reason you are reading the forum from 9 years ago and replying?

The lumensoftusa.com domain seems to now be a Japanese blog -- guess the SSO didn't work out so well.

Regards,

John A. Booth
http://www.metavero.com

TimG

Re: 9 year old chain?

No score for this post
August 23 2011, 11:19 AM 

Know zip about the product, but Lumensoft was acquired by arcplan in 2009 - probably why the domain no longer works.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.