This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Data item found before member

April 30 2008 at 4:58 AM
No score for this post
Alan Hutchins 
from IP address 143.252.8.40

At first glance this may seem a simple issue, but we can't eliminate it.

One of my users encounters this about 1 in 2 times when he tries to uplaod / download from Essbase.

We have uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft office, and also done the same with the Hyperion software.

It is not an issue with his user id, because it works ok if he uses another machine (he is on a laptop).

Windows XP & Essbase 7.1.5

Does anyone have any suggestions as to :

a) What might be causing this
b) Anything else we could try to eliminate the problem.

By the way the user is in a different time zone to me (4.5 hours ahead).

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Excel x 2?

No score for this post
April 30 2008, 8:12 AM 

I've seen this when another instance of Excel is running.

--
Sponsor me in this years MS 150 bike ride on May 3-4, 2008 from Frisco to Fort Worth to help those living with MS: http://www.ms150.org/edon.cfm?id=211842

Alan Hutchins

Thanks Jeff

No score for this post
April 30 2008, 8:17 AM 

I figured that might be the case here as well.

Have asked the user to check it out.

Anyone else have any ideas ?

osvaldo

there must be a number before the essbase members

No score for this post
May 8 2008, 11:09 AM 

"It means it doesn't find all the member names before it finds a number. If a member name is a number, there needs to be tick mark ( ' ) in front of it", or convert the number into a text, or use a Text Box to include that content.

You can prove the concept just doing a similar report in another xls tab report but with only the essbase members headers, and ensure numbers are only within the retreival range, which is after your column & row dimensions in the spreadsheet.

Hope this help, Osvaldo.

ps: part of the answer extracted from : http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=2080087 / Ricky ahi02@aol.com)

Data item found before member

No score for this post
May 7 2008, 5:25 PM 

I've seen this error before and it was because in my excel sheet I have a number before one dimension member.
Sometimes it happened when I have a year and instead of select it with member selection menu option, it was captured without ' , so essbase recognize it as a number and not as a member.

Hope this helps!!

Joshua Jenson

Error Message

No score for this post
June 2 2014, 9:33 AM 

It is probably caused because you are not selecting your data. You must provide a selection for the Essbase server to update, otherwise it will throw that error when it finds other data on the page other than an Essbase pull setup.

Current Topic - Data item found before member
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.