This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Kill a process

January 26 2010 at 10:25 AM
No score for this post
Robert 
from IP address 196.38.152.4

Hi

I need to kill a process which seems to have been terminating for 2 hours now.

I have done this through Edit Sessions, using the kill or the log out.

I also wrote a basic MaxL which runs but it does not make a difference:
alter system kill request 1448082985;
alter system kill request 2021653720;
alter system kill request 2828008897;

How can I kill these processes?

Thanks a mill
Bob

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

SRoux

Re: Kill a process

No score for this post
January 26 2010, 10:36 AM 

did you tried the force statement for logout?
logout session...force

should work with kill statement too!

TechRech quote "If a session is processing a request at the time that an administrator attempts to terminate the session, the administrator must either terminate the request first, or use the force kewyord available with alter system to terminate the session and the current request."

Robert

Kill using Force

No score for this post
January 26 2010, 10:38 AM 

I did indeed and that has not worked either.

Cameron Lackpour

Try doing it multiple times

No score for this post
January 26 2010, 12:27 PM 

I've had routines where I need to get everyone out of Essbase for backup purposes.

Sometimes killing a process just doesn't work the first time -- two or three times seem to do the trick.

No, that doesn't make any sense but it's what I've observed. Maybe Essbase was good and ready to stop the processes then?

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Vijay

Also include disable connects/ commands

No score for this post
January 26 2010, 12:55 PM 

I would also trying to include disabling connects/ commands to prevent another process from launching right after a successful kill/ logout.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.