This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sessions in Essbase v11.1.2.1

November 17 2011 at 2:25 AM
No score for this post
Soren 
from IP address 194.28.248.113

Hi all,

I have noticed some odd behaviour in v11 that I didn't have in v9.3.

Sometimes when I run a business rule from Planning a *lot* of sessions is started on the essbase.

Before I start it, I have 2 or 3 sessions running on the essbase and when I start a rule that number will explode to 100+

When the rule is finished the sessions remains until the timeout limit is reached and they are closed.

Any ideas as to why this happens ?

I'm on a 64bit Windows 2008 Essbase v11.1.2.1.
Cheers
Soren

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John A. Booth

Yes

No score for this post
November 17 2011, 5:28 PM 

We've seen this. Log a ticket with support and refer to: bug 12854210.

We have a code fix that is being worked on and the latest was it was a complex problem due to how Provider services is using the API to speak with Essbase. I take this to mean to resolve the problem they break APS so they have to make APS work with the "fixed" Essbase.

Fun stuff eh?

Regards,

John A. Booth
http://www.metavero.com

RobbSalzmann

Re: Yes

No score for this post
November 18 2011, 10:59 AM 

John,

Part of your answer makes sense. But what is hard about managing connections? I think it's fine to spin up a bunch or threads to accomplish a task like run a complex BR, but the easy part is preventing a connection leak. I had one in my product, and was able to resolve it in a couple of hours.

Hmmm

Regards,
Robb Salzmann

John A. Booth

No score for this post
November 18 2011, 11:38 AM 

Just relaying what we heard from the horses mouth. I don't have the horses source code (although it would be nice to dig into it sometimes to see about vexing things you would expect the system not to do).

Regards,

John

RobbSalzmann

No score for this post
November 18 2011, 12:54 PM 

It's good to be the horse...

Regards,
Robb Salzmann

sroux

No score for this post
November 18 2011, 3:16 PM 

bad time for riders then...

John A. Booth

Additional detail

No score for this post
November 18 2011, 6:50 PM 

Some new information came to light today; in our case the client company has servers that are thousands of miles apart from each other.

The Essbase server is geographically in a different location than the EAS server (against our recommendations and also different than what we were told earlier).

Curious if this is also your case.

Regards,

John A. Booth
http://www.metavero.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.