This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Varying attribute dim

March 8 2012 at 2:07 PM
No score for this post
Leonardo Barbosa 
from IP address 193.178.189.15

We are using Hyperion 11.1.2.1.

Client wants to use Varying attributes in a lot of Cubes.
We hava a lot of cubes with dims that should be dim attribute, but because they had to change with time we could use it. But Now It is possible attribute dim vary with time (period).

I think there are very few people using varying attribute. Or Am I wrong?
One question:

Someone here is using Varying attribute?
Is it good?
Any problem with it?

Thanks,

Leo.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Joe Aultman

I was going to use them, but didn't

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 12:21 PM 

Leonardo,

I had a use case tailor-made for varying attributes, but I had to abandon the approach when I examined the administrative issues with them. In a nutshell, there are no published MaxL commands, loaq rule settings, or JAPI methods to set varying attributes, and so they have to be managed manually through the EAS GUI. There was some mention of a capability in Essbase Studio that I did not examine because Studio is not part of our process.

I did find something in the C API, if you want to brave those waters. I did not.

-- Joe

Leonardo

Re: I was going to use them, but didn't

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 4:12 PM 

Can I load data for a cube who contains varying attribute with load data rules?

Cameron Lackpour

I can't see why not

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 5:08 PM 

The varying attributes are in the outline.

Data is...data.

The two shouldn't meet until you do a retrieve with that varying attribute, however it was assigned.

Here's one of the Studio links on varying attributes:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/est_user/prop_mbr_varying.html

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Joe Aultman

I emphatically guess so. <EOM>

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 8:20 PM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.