This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Best way to backup historical Essbase database

April 26 2012 at 3:51 AM
No score for this post
Jacques 
from IP address 196.11.134.77

Can anyone provide a suggestion on the best way to backup historical essbase database. I follw the following.

1. Keep the database on the developmen server, advantage, the database is avaialbe at any time and the normal essbase datastorage limits disk space been used, disadvantage migration of version i.e. 9 to 11 becomes a long process

2. Export all the data and keep the OTL file, in need recreate the database using the OTL file and import all the data, advantage, otl file can be used on any version of essbase disadvantage, take time to recreate the database and time to load the data, the text data files take up alot of space.

Is there perhaps a third option,

Any suggestions will be great

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sroux

3. ...

No score for this post
April 26 2012, 8:23 AM 

3. http://camerons-blog-for-essbase-hackers.blogspot.fr/2012/02/lightweight-modular-and-better-essbase_5219.html

Cameron Lackpour

4. ...

No score for this post
April 26 2012, 11:04 AM 

I have had clients that do the backup to disk action and then burn the backup director to DVD or multiple external hard drive. This was in a pretty constrained drive environment -- it sounds crazy and manual (and it was, kind of) but it did work.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

P.S. Sebastien, thanks for the blog post plug. :)

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.