This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Essbase Cluster Control via Script?

August 12 2012 at 3:01 PM
No score for this post
me 
from IP address 67.201.116.8

Hi,

Evn: EPM 11.1.1.3

I have an active/passive Essbase cluster. I'm wondering if there's a way to enable/disable the server in the cluster via scripting.

I was trying to use MaxL to simply take down the application and make it so that users will not connect to it. However, "disable connects" doesn't seem to work. As soon as this server is started again (even with "disable connects"), cluster connects the user to this application/database.

Any ideas are appreciated!

me

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
me

Logout issue resolved

No score for this post
August 12 2012, 3:41 PM 

I guess I had to use logout force...which is weird because I would think that it is less forceful than "kill".

I'm still curious as to whether there's a way to control the cluster enable/disable via script.

Thanks

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.