This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

EIS - SQL drill through

February 20 2013 at 11:44 AM
No score for this post
PD 
from IP address 159.53.110.140

So, we copied a model and it's metaoutline. We changed the new model to pull our store hierarchy from different table. we deleted the old dimension (from the old table) from the metaoutline, and brought in the same dim (but from the new table). We deleted the drill through report, and then re-created the outline and loaded the data in test.

Then re-created the drill through report. On testing the drill though it now no longer uses the store table in the SQL For example:

old sql

select * from data_table aa, store_table ab
where aa.store=ab.store
and ab.gen6 = 'example store name'

new sql
select * from data_table aa
where aa.store = 'example store name'

This is not the exact sql, but it illustrates the issue. Anyone know what is going on, and how to fix it?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Gary Crisci

Re: EIS - SQL drill through

No score for this post
February 20 2013, 2:57 PM 

Check your joins in the OLAP model. See if anything is not set up properly there.

PD

Joins

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 8:06 AM 

It is a head scratcher. I literally had the two models open in two different windows side by side comparing every minute detail....nothing stood out. I am thinking of re-creating from a blank model and metaoutline and seeing if that "fixes" the problem.

PD

Nevermind

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 1:48 PM 

Sorry folks, false alarm.

Our gen hierarchy in the metaoutline had some filter SQL logic on the level zero member....ugh, took me ages to figure it out.

On the one had I feel like I wasted two days, on the other I feel a little more sane.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.