This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Mobile/Tablet apps for Essbase

February 21 2013 at 1:32 PM
No score for this post
Richard 
from IP address 173.36.196.10

Do we have any mobile/tablet applications were users can connect to "Essbase" cubes?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Re: Mobile/Tablet apps for Essbase

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 2:34 PM 

The two that come to mind based on advertising are OBIEE and CXO Cockpit. I'm sure there are others.

PD

Cockpit

No score for this post
February 22 2013, 8:52 AM 

I know that cockpit is a legitimate word, but why would anyone name a product cockpit?

sroux

Re: Mobile/Tablet apps for Essbase

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 3:02 PM 

arcplan, saxbi

Cameron Lackpour

Dodeca has a mobile client

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 5:13 PM 

http://timtows-hyperion-blog.blogspot.com/2012/06/dodeca-on-ipad.html

Yeah, I'm like a broken record on this product. I am a big fan in case it wasn't obvious.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Re: Dodeca mobile

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 11:14 PM 

Cameron,

Dodeca runs on mobile via Citrix; it is a good solution if you need the full power of a managed spreadsheet solution on a mobile device.

Tim

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

Daniel Willis

so is not limited to IOS? I'd be interested to know what tools support what platforms

No score for this post
February 22 2013, 2:59 AM 

Re: OS support

No score for this post
February 25 2013, 5:28 PM 

The Dodeca/Citrix solution has been tested on Windows/Linux/MacOS/iOS(iPad and iPhone)/Android. We also have a wrapper for Dodeca to run natively on Mac OS.

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

well what about...

No score for this post
March 7 2013, 2:21 PM 

what about if i want to view it from the EAS side? Is that possible? I'm the hyperion admin and i basically use web links to access workspace, shared services and EAS. Would that be accessibly by an ipad or any other tablet device?

Re: well what about...

No score for this post
March 7 2013, 2:54 PM 

If you want to use EAS from an iPad, you will have to use a remote desktop into your server. There are a bunch of free remote desktop apps for iPad and iPhone.

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

Oh great but...

No score for this post
March 7 2013, 3:34 PM 

Oh great. That sounds 100% better than what others have been saying. But would I be able to access the web applications though? Since Hyperion only works on IE and Firefox, i won't be able to right? Both IE and Mozilla haven't released an app for iOS devices. Are any patches available for fixing this issue- opening up hyperion to Safari or Chrome.

If i got the Microsoft surface device, it would work them right? Or are there other Hyperion limitations?

PD

Clarify

No score for this post
March 7 2013, 4:19 PM 

Not putting words into TImTows post but I think he is saying buy a remote desktop like software for the ipad, or iphone or... and then remote into a pc that has ie or mozilla etc which you can then use to access EAS. So in essence remoting into a location that you could use.

maybe I am confused...so carry on.

Re: Clarify

No score for this post
March 7 2013, 5:03 PM 

PD, you are exactly right. The remote desktop apps are free, but it will probably require you to setup you iPad to tunnel through your VPN (which I haven't done yet as I mostly use my iPad for the excellent Garmin Pilot aviation app with it's geo-referenced flight charts and instrument approaches and the in-flight weather and radar)..

Tim

Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director
Applied OLAP, Inc

yep...

No score for this post
March 8 2013, 2:58 PM 

Why do all that... With remote connect i could remote to my essbase server and use the EAS console directly instead of the web app. But yep i was think that of that as well. My server got the IE and Firefox on it so i could access my shared services and workspace right there as well. But i'm not sure as i haven't tested it out yet.

Savant BI

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 10:56 PM 

A company called Talvis developed software that lets users ask their iPhone or iPad a question and it queries Hyperion Essbase and verbally returns the answer. See for yourself at www.talvisllc.com/savant/

charts

No score for this post
February 25 2013, 4:23 PM 

Not fully out of the gates due to limited demand, but we can do essbase backed charts into a mobile app with A3 Modeling. We can drop read-only grids as well.

What are you intending to do with the data on what is going to be a pretty small screen?

Level of interest?

No score for this post
March 7 2013, 9:35 PM 

What is your level of interest in such a product? Do you know of anyone else interested? My market reserach kept telling me that people didn't want to do ad hoc on an iPad, and moreover, people doing ad hoc in companies weren't the same people with iPads. For this reason, I shelved a product that could connect to cubes and provide ad hoc capabilities. A working prototype literally exists but for business reasons I couldn't justify investing additional resources into it.

Given enough interest, I have considered releasing a Lite / Community Edition of such a product that would be freely available, with support available as a purchased option.

Thanks,

Jason

same

No score for this post
March 15 2013, 12:06 PM 

This has been my experience too. Interactive charting seems roughly the line of functionality.

Current Topic - Mobile/Tablet apps for Essbase
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.