This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Weekly Backup of Hyperion

February 21 2013 at 5:40 PM
No score for this post
Duncan 
from IP address 208.189.92.129

Hi,

With Hyperion 11.1.2.0 I used a backup script using LCM xml files that looked something like this:

--------------------------------------------------------
weeklybackup.bat
:: This will create a timestap like yyyy-mm-dd.
set TIMESTAMP=%DATE:~10,4%-%DATE:~4,2%-%DATE:~7,2%

call utility.bat Plan1.xml >weeklybkuplog%TIMESTAMP%.txt
call utility.bat Plan2.xml >>weeklybkuplog%TIMESTAMP%.txt
call utility.bat Reporting.xml >>weeklybkuplog%TIMESTAMP%.txt
call RenameMigration.bat

RenameMigration.bat
:: This will create a timestap like yyyy-mm-dd.
set TIMESTAMP=%DATE:~10,4%-%DATE:~4,2%-%DATE:~7,2%
CD D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1\import_export\admin@Native Directory
RENAME Plan1 "Plan1-%TIMESTAMP%"
RENAME Plan2 "Plan2-%TIMESTAMP%"
RENAME Reporting "Reporting-%TIMESTAMP%"

Now that we're on Hyperion 11.1.2.2 I want to do something similar. Problem is I can't figure out how to generate the .xml files for the LCM migration definition. Is there a new method to automate backups?

Thanks everyone.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jeff McAhren

LCM

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 5:44 PM 

Hey Duncan,

If you were to go in to Shared Services, and create a manual LCM, there is an option to save the LCM definition near the end of the process.

Does that make sense?

JM

Duncan

Used to see it...

No score for this post
February 21 2013, 6:21 PM 

I know what you're talking about but it's driving me crazy because I can't find that option anymore.

I just see "Export" and no longer see "define migration"

Cameron Lackpour

I don't think it's there at all

No score for this post
February 22 2013, 9:17 AM 

There is a section in the docs that talks about sample files:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/epm_lifecycle_management/ch07s05s02.html

In fact if you look in the docs, every tool has sample export files. Oh joy, now we get to blunder through defining these things instead of having the tool do it for us. :)

Here's something *really* weird -- I am migrating a Planning classic app from LCM file output. When I import a dimension to Planning it is *immediately* moved to Essbase with no Essbase refresh required. That is something I do not believe I saw in 11.1.2.1. I had to triple check to prove that I wasn't entering some kind of LCM-induced haze where I did Planning refreshes but had no memory of them. Nope, LCM does it automatically. Kind of nice, actually.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Duncan

Cool beans

No score for this post
February 23 2013, 11:17 PM 

Thanks Cameron!

Looks like I need to get down and dirty with some XML.

At least I have the template from 11.1.2.0
:)

Also, it did seem like importing the planning application went unusually smooth....

No error messages and multiple imports. Did it in one trick!

Celvin Kattookaran

Re: Used to see it...

No score for this post
February 25 2013, 9:26 AM 

11.1.2.2 LCM creates Import.xml and Export.xml, you can make use of these to perform an Import or export

Cameron Lackpour

Do you mean the import.xml and export.xml files in every folder?

No score for this post
February 25 2013, 10:33 AM 

Wow, it would have been nice if that was documented. But it sure beats having to build the xml by hand.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Celvin Kattookaran

Re: Do you mean the import.xml and export.xml files in every folder?

No score for this post
February 25 2013, 11:53 AM 

It's the import.xml and Export.xml under import_export\<LCM_Folder>.

I was planning to write a blog post on this (then forgot about it).

Duncan

Indeed!

No score for this post
February 26 2013, 6:41 PM 

And there it is...

Very awesome indeed!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.