This Essbase discussion board is provided as a free service and dedicated to all the Essbase professionals out there!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ASO Dimension build question

June 15 2017 at 5:39 PM
No score for this post
AU 
from IP address 68.114.34.11

I have a situation where I need to replace the existing members with the other members during dimension build from the file.

Example: I have an outline member 12345 - Alias "ABC". I need to replace this member with the matching record from dim build file.

Dim build flat file contains two column (old value|new value)

12345|54321
67890|09876

After the changes, the outline members should have updated member name and old alias name.

54321 - Alias "ABC".

Please let me know how to accomplish it.

Thanks in advance!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

I don't think possible

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 7:47 PM 

1st - You can't edit and replace in dim build. At least I have never seen that.
2nd - You will need to put in Level or Generation or Parent/Child format do build a dim.

I would:

1 - Extract the outline via outline extractor from AppliedOLAP with pipe delims.
2 - Open in Excel
3 - Use Excel to edit and replace via formula
4 - Save new revised Excel file in desired format with appropriate delims.
5 - Build a dim build rule and build the revised dimension.

Do that on another cube to validate and test and then copy it over to the real cube.

BTW - You never mentioned if the data in the cube needs retained or if it has data. If it has data then that's a whole different issue that needs dealt with. Maybe export the data and build a data load rule with edit and replace to do the mappings. Not sure how many accounts and rows of data you are talking about.

Good luck!!!

TimG

Re: I don't think possible

No score for this post
June 15 2017, 8:03 PM 

I agree - you can't rename a member with a load rule.

AU

Re: I don't think possible

No score for this post
June 16 2017, 9:38 AM 

Thank you. I don't need to retain any data during dim build. I will do dim build file transformation in excel via look up or on the sql server side.

As always, thank you for your help!

Mike Henderson

Celvin Kattokaran's Essbase Member Ops utility

No score for this post
June 16 2017, 9:53 AM 

I recently used this utility to rename thousands of members in a BSO cube. HR changed Employee ID numbers and they wanted to retain individual's history. This was actually a Planning app, so this was part of a multistep process for member rename following the process outlined in an eCapital Advisors blog post by Jon Harvey and crew.

https://orahyplabs.com/2016/03/essbase-member-operation-utility.html

Sorry, but I don't recall if the utility works with ASO outlines.

Paging CK?

Celvin Kattookaran

it works with all Essbase outlines <eom>

No score for this post
June 17 2017, 12:42 PM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RSS feed for this forum - http://www.network54.com/Forum/58296?xml=rss. Please email hypess (at) gmail.com, if you have any questions/feedback/issues.