<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

16 Joule valve

June 5 2008 at 12:58 AM
No score for this post
  (Login 2tonic1)

Has anyone had a look at the 16Joule valve replacement available in Germany? ANyone seen them for sale stateside? How hard would it be to reverse engineer out of a brass blank? Calling all machinists...

I found this link and think it quite expensive:

http://www.mega-waffen-softair-shop.de/websale7/Export-Ventil-f%FCr-CO-2-Luftgewehr-850-AirMagnum,-ca.-16-Joule.htm?shopid=softair-waffen-shop&act=product&prod_index=92-2531&cat_index=1-2552

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tim
(Login timofb)

Re: 16 Joule valve

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 1:33 AM 

that;s what we hope Ron at B&A can make us one based on this info... because wee need a valve like that but longer with the painball connect so we can hook up HPA tank easily on/off like we are doing now with eh 9 oz bottle, so we can shoot both Co2 and HPA.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/583201/message/1212227992/HPA+set+ups+using+FX%2C+or+IZH+bottles%3C/a

49.90 EUR, that's like $90 for it they want. Do you think they will ship it here? they say it does on Co2 270 m/s = 885.826 ft/s

This message has been edited by timofb on Jun 5, 2008 2:20 AM
This message has been edited by timofb on Jun 5, 2008 2:20 AM
This message has been edited by timofb on Jun 5, 2008 1:53 AM

(Premier Login rbva)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 2:13 PM 

Call UMAREX and ask them to get you one. They sell for around $22.00 plus shipping here.

The 850 Resource

Photobucket

(Login 2tonic1)

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 10:24 PM 

I just checked the Umarex USA website but they don't sell it there. I work in aerospace so I figured I might just order one and see if I can reverse engineer it. If I can make a drawing I can get it made.
Let's see who can have a working high output valve working first.
BTW the German website warns that an 88g bottle yields about half the normal number of shots (200 instead of 400). So yeah ability to accomodate both CO2 and HPA should be the goal.

(Login bbiggun)

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 10:38 PM 

You'll need to call Umarex USA and order through the phone.

(Premier Login rbva)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 11:05 PM 

Yeah, like I said, call them. Since it's a European part, it'll not show up on the USA site, but Glenn can order them for you just like he gets me mine.

The Phone number for UMAREX in Fort Smith, Arkansas is 479-646-4210.

Glenn Seiter (ext 17) Gun Smith

The 850 Resource

Photobucket

(Login 2tonic1)

Thank You very much at $22 I think I must order one.

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 11:19 PM 

Anyone install one of these puppies?

Tim
(Login timofb)

Re: Thank You very much at $22 I think I must order one.

No score for this post
June 6 2008, 2:43 AM 

I want a couple of these too. Roald should we do a group buy on this one? and then mod it

(Premier Login rbva)
Forum Owner

No score for this post
June 5 2008, 2:11 PM 

It's pretty much the same valve they just use a different spring and valve / stem.
The valve body also has a different part number, but I think it's just because of the markings.

The 850 Resource

Photobucket

Tim
(Login timofb)

No score for this post
June 6 2008, 3:30 AM 

guys I am being told that our US guns come with 16 joule valves, 270 m/s that's about 800 fps, isn't that's what .177 cal does? It is the European models that all come with lower fps, please correct me if I am wrong.

Ted
(Login gp-bear)

Valve

No score for this post
June 6 2008, 2:00 PM 

The 16 joule valve is the same one that is exported to the USA .

This replacement valve is meant to replace the standard "F" version (low powered )that is sold in Germany which is considered free to buy if marked ( stamped ) with the "F" .

Ted

Tim
(Login timofb)

Re: Valve

No score for this post
June 6 2008, 5:45 PM 

270 m/s = 885.826 ft/s so that one is a faster valve. But our 850 in .177 has a rating of 760 ft/sec. That's 100 fps more so it must be a different valve they have for sale or their numbers are off.

(Login 2tonic1)

Formulas and Conversion

No score for this post
June 6 2008, 10:32 PM 

Well I just checked the math...

It seems 16 Joule = 11.8 foot-lbs (fpe) http://www.onlineconversion.com/energy.htm

Then I found this handy formula:
http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/formulas/

If you plug 11.8fpe in there and say 6.94 grain for the weight of a .177 RWS
super-H-point you get 875 fps.

You need 30 Joule = 22 ft-lbs with that pellet wt to get 1200 fps.

Now how you calculate effective range I'd like to know....anyone have

a clue?

Walter
(Login codger77)

Re: Formulas and Conversion

No score for this post
June 7 2008, 7:38 AM 

A next step on your journey to wisdom might be to check the web for the ingalls tables and/or exterior ballistics.
If you are willing to spread for $40+M&H, some ninety odd pages of data detailing your question and much more can be had by getting the FSI Airgun Ballistic Tables available at most airgun dealers.

This message has been edited by codger77 on Jun 7, 2008 11:38 AM

(Login codger77)

Re: Formulas and Conversion

No score for this post
June 8 2008, 10:21 AM 

Mark,
If you have not already found it, go to airgunexpo.com calculators. I believe that this site will give you all the information that you need to find your effective range. Good luck

Current Topic - 16 Joule valve
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Moderators: Richwoods, Pelleteer2, JG1966, bigtoe01