Sure it would

by Eponasoft (no login)

If you try assigning more colors in a mode that doesn't support it, you get an ILLEGAL FUNCTION CALL. Go ahead and give it a try; do a SCREEN 12 and then do something like PALETTE 19, 2 and tell me what you get. You would have to write new code to take advantage of new features anyways, which means that the core functionality of SCREEN would have to change by either taking on additional parameters or adopting new screen modes. SCREEN 12 *can never support more than 16 colors* when implemented 100% accurately to QBASIC's limitations. It's a hard fact. Using a 640x480 graphics mode in more than 16 colors is no longer SCREEN 12.

Posted on Jan 3, 2008, 11:50 PM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
limits vs. incompatibilitymennonite on Jan 4
 and if that's not close enoughmennonite on Jan 4
  SCREEN extensionEponasoft on Jan 4
   no one likes vesa, do they?mennonite on Jan 4
    VESA and whatnotEponasoft on Jan 4
     sdl isn't my choice, but of things that aren't my choice, it's greatmennonite on Jan 4
      Wait a second...Eponasoft on Jan 4
       all i know is that screen 0 appears to be sdl stillmennonite on Jan 4
       Really in QB all console mode is really all there is...Pete on Jan 4
        mennonite defends fb?mennonite on Jan 4
         He can go straight back to FB.net as far as I'm concerned.Pete on Jan 4
          * Your right Pete! Kiss KissClippy on Jan 4
           Don't make me buy the Steelers, Ted, I'll move them to Iowa!Pete on Jan 4
            man i hate it when you go elitist. senseless bozo?mennonite on Jan 4
             The IDE works, as I have already stated, in Vista...Pete on Jan 4
              IT DOESNT MATTER WHO SAID ITnot really the rock on Jan 4
               Take your opinion, turn it sideways, and shove it up your candy ascii.The Rock on Jan 4
                whatever p3t3mennonite on Jan 4
                 *OK, boys! Just use Notepad if you really need to for nowClippy on Jan 5
                  That's what I do already!Eponasoft on Jan 5
                   * OK you offered to help. Make an IDE that doesn't complain thenClippy on Jan 5
                   * OOPS! The IDE is SUPPOSED to do that, No?Clippy on Jan 5
                   LOL @ bad syntax can make you lose your train of thought.Pete on Jan 5
                    * Perhaps he meant Brain of thought, Man. Pass the doobie!Cheech on Jan 5
                    Oh, I'm just so crushed.Eponasoft on Jan 5
          well, you can establish a backwoods if you want to, petemennonite on Jan 4
          Hrm...no it doesn't.Eponasoft on Jan 5
         /me attempts to resist the urge to bring up Z!re... Oops... Too late. :P *rpgfan3233 on Jan 4
        Actually...you're wrong. Very wrong.Eponasoft on Jan 5
         * Yes and Tricks are for kids!Clippy on Jan 5
    I like VESA...rpgfan3233 on Jan 4
* It most likely would not be exactly screen 12 as you define it!Clippy on Jan 4
 no it wouldn't be, it really would be something elsemennonite on Jan 4

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement