ATTENTION: TheBoB re: Your previous BLOAD/BSAVE error report.

by Galleon (no login)

I investigated the report (URL):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/585676/message/1258405861/KONG+via+QB64+is+on+indefinite+hold...

The problem was the alignment of the 2nd array was not on a segment boundary due to an error in QB64. This problem has been fixed for the next update (due in a few days time). Thank you for the report because this was a serious bug which I was totally unaware of. The alignment issue only applies to static arrays, so funnily you could have just changed:
DIM BOX2(1 TO 1000) AS INTEGER
to:
DIM BOX2(1 TO 1000 + 1) AS INTEGER
and the program runs in the current version of QB64 you're using!

Furthermore, your experiences of half your BLOAD/BSAVE/GET/PUT things working and half not would also very likely be related to the segment boundary alignment bug. If you have any more bugs to report I'm all ears!

Thanks again,
Galleon

Posted on Dec 26, 2009, 5:31 AM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
*Great news -- looking forward to the next update!TheBOB on Dec 27
 Some bad news...TheBOB on Dec 27
  *Thanks for the link, there will be another update in 1-2 weeks and I will get it working!Galleon on Dec 27
   *I appreciate it.TheBOB on Dec 27
    Investigated & fixed. It was a rather unusual bug...Galleon on Dec 28
     What I found about multiple GETs using one array.Clippy on Dec 28
      Nah, you misunderstood the bug Clippy...Galleon on Dec 28
       * Oh, that xplains a lot. Don't want that to happen!Clippy on Dec 28
     Thanks Galleon ...TheBOB on Dec 28
      How would you feel about a CHAIN call compiling another module?Clippy on Dec 30
       The question arises...TheBOB on Dec 31
        I agree. CHAIN needs to go the way of the dinosaur...Pete on Dec 31
         Doesn't FTC include CHAIN too?Clippy on Dec 31
          *"Make Screen 12 have pages too!" -QB64 has already done so for yearsGalleon on Dec 31
           * Well, about 1.5 years.qbguy on Dec 31
           * How many pages? Give me a list. I don't have any SCREEN documentation.Clippy on Dec 31
            *2147483647 or as many as your computer's memory can holdGalleon on Jan 1
             *lol- I think we'll be able to work with that.TheBOB on Jan 1
             WHAT! - I just tried PCOPY 0, 2147483647 and all I got was an OVERFLOW ERROR! :)Pete on Jan 1
          Noqbguy on Dec 31
           * BTW * BTW ∫ is the integral signqbguy on Dec 31
          Re: Doesn't FTC include CHAIN too? (It does. Try reading post before shooting off mouth.)Pete on Jan 1
           Yeah? Remember when I said 640K would be good forever?Bill Gates on Jan 1
         Re: I agree. CHAIN needs to go the way of the dinosaur...Cyperium on Jan 1
          Re: I agree. CHAIN needs to go the way of the dinosaur...Pete on Jan 1
        * There should be a way to compile a single exe but split your source into multiple filesqbguy on Dec 31
         Anyone can write their onw utility for that.Pete on Jan 1

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement