Well "Mess" is relative. Oh, and Opera and FF both will run on a Win 98.

by (Login The-Universe)
Admin

You can state IE6 is the mess, but people don't see a problem when IE6 opens to Google, now do they? But when it lands at QB64, it unfortunately makes it look like a tornado hit the home page. Hey, maybe an F5 tornado, nope, refresh didn't help, oh well.

Kidding aside, I know I have seen ways to detect browsers in javascript, which could redirect IE6 users to the older page. That's about the only solution, as IE6 is still much in use.

I long since got rid of Front Page, or I'd have a crack at it. What I suspect is that a completely different centering approach is needed to work with all browsers. All I remember is padding has problems in IE6 compared to FF and Opera. The only other idea I see is to turn those spokes into part of a really large single background image and overly the other images.

Pete

This message has been edited by The-Universe on Jan 11, 2011 11:25 AM

Posted on Jan 11, 2011, 11:22 AM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
*FF up to version 2.0.0.20. I don't think higher versions work on 98se. on Jan 11
 * With FireFox you get what you paid for LITERALLY :-DClippy on Jan 11
  *k-meleon should work in 98se on Jan 11
*Wow, the plot thickens -- good luck, you guys! on Jan 11
 * on Jan 11
  *Yeah, sorry about that, Michael. on Jan 11
Might I point out... on Jan 12
 * Sorry, QB64 doesn't use pointers. You can use a statemnet though! :) on Jan 14

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement