will impact those who travel into/out of the state and
all breeders. This will affect everyone who travels to
or through Oklahoma, as well as the breeder. According
to someone at the last meeting, the vet running this
said they plan to sit at the Tulsa airport and catch
people shipping puppies out as one method of
enforcement. They have already been there watching the
airport to get ideas of how to work the plan. The
funds will be distributed to the AR's as "royalties".)
Jade

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
OPK
(no login)

Re: Oklahoma Pet Quality Assurance & Protection Act

No score for this post
October 15 2007, 6:40 AM 

I have been checking this out since August. It won't affect anyone that sells less than 25 puppies in a year and keeps their dogs in clean healthy environments, vaccinations up to date, ect. It is aimed at shutting down puppy mills and pet stores that sell less than quality pets in horrid conditions. It will include all pets not just dogs. EBA & our lobbyist have been on top of this also and Michael (lobbyist) will keep us posted on it. I do urge anyone that can to go to the meeting in November. A little knowledge can go along way. The more people we can get involved with fighting BSL the better.
Marlene

Lkyman
(Login Lkyman)

Please read the whole draft

No score for this post
December 24 2007, 4:34 PM 

I found this site through doing a google search for the "Oklahoma Pet Quality Assurance and Protection Act".

I own, train and occasionally breed birddogs. This bill has the potential to destroy the gene pool of every breed in the state of Oklahoma. The section on out of state breeders makes it illegal for you to buy a puppy from anyone out of state that does not possess an out-of-state breeders permit. The fee for this permit ranges from $450-$900 per year. A kennel that I would be interested in purchasing a puppy from would have a waiting list on the litters that they breed. Why would they buy a permit to sell a single dog in the state of Ok, when they could just mark me off of the list and sell to the next person?

<< Previous TopicReturn to Forum  
Find more forums on ProductionCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement