Blogger Tricks
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Helpful Tips Forum  

Dishwasher dinner recipe

June 29 2012 at 4:20 PM

(Premier Login bob2aa)
Forum Owner

"Bob Blumer's Dishwasher Salmon Recipe

You can actually cook salmon in your dishwasher. Here, directions from a Los Angeles chef and cookbook author.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 6-ounce pieces salmon fillet
cup fresh lime juice
kosher salt and black pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges
heavy-duty foil

Steps

Grease the shiny side of two 12-inch squares of heavy-duty foil with the oil. Place 2 pieces of fish side by side on each square. Fold up the outer edges of the foil (to contain any liquid) and drizzle the fish with the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Fold the foil closed to form 2 airtight packets. (To test the seal, press down on a packet gently with your hand. If air escapes easily, rewrap.)
Place the packets in the top rack of the dishwasher. Run a normal cycle. Remove the fish from the foil and serve with the lemon wedges. Serves 4

A take-the-risk-out-of-making-dinner-in-the-dishwasher tip: Richard Vergili, a food-safety instructor at the Culinary Institute of America, in New York City, says that as long as a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the fish reads 145 F, its safe to eatand probably pretty moist."

http://tinyurl.com/6lqcsdk

Cheers,Bob
KLEX - USA

Lexington.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Pennytoo)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

Re: Dishwasher dinner recipe

July 9 2012, 4:52 PM 

I have not done this but I have heard of people who have. Maybe I sould try it when we have a day that is too hot to turn the oven on.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
North_Tonawanda.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login alicemagooey)
Hummingbird Member 2005

much more fun

February 8 2013, 8:19 PM 

I think it is much more fun, when you are travelling, to cook in the engine of your car.

The manifold gets really very very hot.

I had a car a number of years ago which had a little indent in the manifold, where i used to tuck potatoes.

when i had stopped the car after a long trip, i was greeted at the destination with the LOVELY aroma of nice, fresh, baked potatoes.!!!! YUM..

it works.!

I think there are whole cookbooks out there about cooking this way.

talk about being grateful for Manifold Blessings.
he he.

yep

[linked image]

alice

[linked image]...

USDA zone 6a/6b
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login bob2aa)
Forum Owner

Hi A

February 10 2013, 1:30 PM 

Good tip and a Manifold Blessing,indeed. happy.gif

Cheers,Bob
KLEX - USA
USDA Zone 6b

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Dishwasher dinner recipe
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Helpful Tips Forum  
Upload picture, Copy the Shareable code, Paste it in your message.

Please visit our sister sites:Brugmansias and More ,The Butterfly Forum, Feathered Friends Forum, The Bug Forum and The Hummingbird Forum

Established October 11, 2007