Smokers: Brent?March 1 2012 at 9:00 PM
Graeme Davidson (Login gcdavidson)
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Brent, is there a primer on Smokers out there? We've got a BBQ shop in Ottawa, but I was a little taken aback by some of the prices...entry level unit starts at about $400 and then the sky's the limit.
Going to try some pork butt on the grill w/ rotisserie. at 5 pounds I think I can get it cooked to 190 without it falling apart and/or using up all my propane. But 95% of what I've read says to use a smoker. The other 5% use a slow cooker (which I have done and its turned out fine, just looking to try something new by using a propane grill + indirect heat).
- Hi Graeme - Brent Fordham on Mar 2, 2012, 8:37 AM
- No skype yet - Graeme Davidson on Mar 4, 2012, 7:21 AM
- follow up - Graeme Davidson on Mar 4, 2012, 1:59 PM
- magic - Graeme on Mar 5, 2012, 10:54 AM
- You're too kind! - Brent Fordham on Mar 7, 2012, 11:26 AM
- TnT? - Graeme Davidson on Mar 7, 2012, 3:06 PM
- TnTs Good Because..... - Brent Fordham on Mar 8, 2012, 7:22 AM
- Good to know! - Graeme on Mar 8, 2012, 9:25 AM
- Beef brisket is a staple in oriental cooking - Chris Aleong on Mar 8, 2012, 12:13 PM
- Mmmm.... - Brent Fordham on Mar 19, 2012, 9:46 AM