Return to Index  

Smokers: Brent?

March 1 2012 at 9:00 PM

Graeme Davidson  (Login gcdavidson)
Forum Owner
from IP address 99.240.162.174

 

Brent, is there a primer on Smokers out there? We've got a BBQ shop in Ottawa, but I was a little taken aback by some of the prices...entry level unit starts at about $400 and then the sky's the limit.

Going to try some pork butt on the grill w/ rotisserie. at 5 pounds I think I can get it cooked to 190 without it falling apart and/or using up all my propane. But 95% of what I've read says to use a smoker. The other 5% use a slow cooker (which I have done and its turned out fine, just looking to try something new by using a propane grill + indirect heat).


GD

 
 Respond to this message   
Responses

  1. Hi Graeme - Brent Fordham on Mar 2, 2012, 8:37 AM
    1. No skype yet - Graeme Davidson on Mar 4, 2012, 7:21 AM
      1. follow up - Graeme Davidson on Mar 4, 2012, 1:59 PM
        1. magic - Graeme on Mar 5, 2012, 10:54 AM
          1. You're too kind! - Brent Fordham on Mar 7, 2012, 11:26 AM
            1. TnT? - Graeme Davidson on Mar 7, 2012, 3:06 PM
              1. TnTs Good Because..... - Brent Fordham on Mar 8, 2012, 7:22 AM
                1. Good to know! - Graeme on Mar 8, 2012, 9:25 AM
                2. Beef brisket is a staple in oriental cooking - Chris Aleong on Mar 8, 2012, 12:13 PM
                  1. Mmmm.... - Brent Fordham on Mar 19, 2012, 9:46 AM
     
Find more forums on Military, Law Enforcement and Emergency ServicesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement