also keep in mindJanuary 31 2008 at 10:44 PM
No score for this post
|henry klom (no login)|
Response to English-language source on RNeN codebreakers
One source to also keep in mind is:
*Nuboer, J.F.W. 1981. A History of Afdeling I (Intelligence) Naval Staff, Batavia, Netherlands East Indies from August 1934 to January 1938. The Cryptogram, the Official Journal of the American Cryptogram Association volume 47, issue 2, pages 1-8.
I have not read the book you mention, so I do not know if there is an overlap between the two sources. This article was written by a Dutch naval officer who was stationed in the NEI before the war and assigned to the codebreaking operation.
this 1981 article only covers the period 34-38, Nishi no kaze, hara is from 1985 and covers the period 1914-1942. Nuboer's 1981 article is listed in the sources and as already mentioned before Nuboer assisted with this book.
Marineblad 1981 - Jan Visser on Feb 1, 2008, 2:33 PM
- surprise...surprise - henry klom on Feb 1, 2008, 9:03 PM
- Nishi no kaze hare - John Wilson on Feb 3, 2008, 5:07 AM
- problem? - henry klom on Feb 3, 2008, 1:27 PM
- Nishi no kaze, hare - John Wilson on Feb 6, 2008, 1:18 AM
- 10 years burrowing - felix on Apr 2, 2008, 3:40 AM