Return to Index  

Re: Cmdr. Stokes NOT KIA

April 23 2009 at 8:09 PM
No score for this post
Nelson  (no login)

Response to Cmdr. Stokes NOT KIA in naval battle of Guadalcanal

Hey Kit,

...get it right! Yeah, yeah. I went to both of those websites and do wholeheartedly agree that you're on the money: Cdr. T. Murray--or Thomas M.--Stokes did not lose his life aboard CUSHING at Guadalcanal, 13 Nov 1942. Another naval officer to pursue now (and thanks a LOT!). Tried already to find additional vital stats on the Social Security Death Index, but nada using both Thomas and Murray as possible first names, as well as T. Murray and T Murray. Not everyone is included on the SSDI, including a couple of my high school classmates, so nothing to conclude from the exclusion of his name.

Again, yeah, something is going on with Cdr. Paul Talbot. Inexplicable that after the single effective aggressive action by American tin cans in the NEI he would be yanked away, only to essentially loaf for a couple months around Melbourne before getting a ship home. And then more than halfway through the war would be relegated as exec of a large troopship. Don't make no sense. I'm postulating that his relief was self-requested and/or the result of health issues.

Nelson

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re post-NEI careers of officers - Don Kehn Jr on Apr 24, 2009, 8:03 PM
  •  
  • Re: Cmdr. Stokes NOT KIA - Kit on Apr 25, 2009, 2:29 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement