Return to Index  

Re: DesRon 29 Officers

April 29 2009 at 4:18 AM
No score for this post
Mark E. Horan  (Login CharlesRollinsWare)

Response to USN flag officers: Part II. Admirals Wiley, Binford, Talbot, and Parker

Nelson;

The Navy Registers are invaluable tools - but, unfortunately, it is very difficult to determine academy classes for those that graduated prior to 1921 because of the the fact that the USN graduated so many classes early during the Great War - and thus the year of graduation is not reflected in the beginiing of service date, and the additon of four years does not work (without even getting into the five, or even six year grads!)

My State Library (CT being a very small state, it is close - though the hours are abysmal) has a complete set of the USN and a few of the USNR registers for the war, but none of the USA or USAR registers after 1941 until the war is over. However, it also has a complete set of the academy regisiters (I am even in the USCG ones, but I digress).

Herbert Victor Wiley was USNA15
Paul Hopkins Talbot was USNA19
Thomas Howell Binford was USNA20
Edwin Mason Crouch was USNA21
Edward Nelson Parker was USNA25

Mark

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Putting a face to DesRon 29 officers - Don Kehn Jr on Apr 29, 2009, 5:38 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement