ooopsApril 29 2009 at 8:36 PM
No score for this post
|Nelson (no login)|
Response to A matter of rank
Yep, I made a misspeak in my last, viz.,
< I have long noted that Thomas Binford, a year younger than Paul Talbot, nonetheless graduated from Annapolis a year after Talbot, which I have heretofore believed to be the result of when each was appointed to the USNA. >>
That discrepancy only makes sense if Binford was a year OLDER than Talbot, which he was,
Thomas Howell Binford, born August 25, 1896, Class Year 1919 (but actually graduated in 1920, according to Mark)
Paul Hopkins Talbot, born April 3, 1997, Class Year 1918 (but actually graduated in 1919, according to Mark).
Sorry for muddying the waters....not for the first time.
Re: Graduation; - Mark E. Horan on Apr 30, 2009, 3:22 AM
- Re: Graduation - Nelson on Apr 30, 2009, 4:35 AM
- officer's date of commission = Pay Entry Base Date? - Nelson on May 5, 2009, 8:19 AM
- a last thought - Nelson on May 5, 2009, 4:09 PM
- Wiley Was From Missouri - Jim Broshot on May 5, 2009, 8:30 PM
- Re: Wiley was from Missouri - Nelson on May 5, 2009, 11:08 PM