Return to Index  

Re: 2e Officier Gouvernements Marine

September 27 2009 at 11:24 AM
No score for this post
Jan Visser  (Login Visje1981)
Moderators

Response to 2e Officier Gouvernements Marine

Felix,

I'm not entirely clear on the point you're trying to make, could you elaborate?

Also, could you quote a source for your statement. I have the following passage from "Naamboek Officieren 1940", pages 16 and 17, which states:

"Een gezaghebber is in rang gelijkgesteld met een luitenant-ter-zee der 1ste klasse; een 1ste officier en een 1ste werktuigkundige zijn in rang gelijk geteld met een luitenant ter zee der 2e klasse; een 2de en een 3de officier zoomede een 2de en een 3de werktuigkundige zijn in rang gelijkgesteld met een luitenant ter zee der 3de klasse"

Translation:

A "gezaghebber" is equal in rank to a lieutenant-commander. A "1st officer" and a "1st engineer" are equal in rank to a lieutenant. A 2nd and a 3rd officer and a 2nd and a 3rd engineer are equal in rank to a sublieutenant".

Please note that the ranks of gezaghebber, eerste officier etc. don't translate well into English. When I mention "1st officer", it's actually a rank in the Gouvernements Marine and does not necessarily indicate the position of the person on board a ship (where the 1st officer indicates "executive officer" (XO), the second in command on board that ship). Same goes for the engineers.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Militarized Officers - Felix on Sep 28, 2009, 12:09 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement