Re: Dutch perception of Admiral HelfrichMay 31 2010 at 7:42 AM
No score for this post
|Jim Broshot (Login JimBroshot)|
Response to Re: Dutch perception of Admiral Helfrich
"MacArthur's generalship was held in esteem."
Not necessarily by everybody. There's questions about his conduct of the defense of the Philippines in 1941 - 1942 as described in William Bartsch's "December 8, 1941: MacArthur's Pearl Harbor" and in Ronald Spector's "Eagle Against the Sun (The American War with Japan)" and elsewhere.
And there's the ditty my father taught me,
"They sent for the Army to come to Tulagi
"But Douglas MacArthur said no
"He said there's a reason
"It isn't the season
"And besides there is no USO"
Re: Dutch perception of Admiral Helfrich - Nelson on May 31, 2010, 3:42 PM
- Re: Dutch perception of Admiral Helfrich - Melmoth the Waggish on May 31, 2010, 7:28 PM
- Rear Admiral Helfrich - Arie Biemond on Jun 1, 2010, 12:26 AM
- Re: Dutch perception of Admiral Helfrich - Kit on Jun 1, 2010, 4:02 AM
- A Note For Don...aka Melmoth The Wander! - Tom on Sep 1, 2013, 9:29 PM
- Re: Dutch perception of Admiral Helfrich - Fred Leander on Nov 1, 2013, 3:34 PM