Return to Index  

Re: Dutch Perception Of Admiral Helfrich

June 6 2010 at 8:33 PM
No score for this post
Jan Visser  (Login Visje1981)
Moderators

Response to Dutch Perception Of Admiral Helfrich

Hi all,

I was all set and ready to throw myself into the discussion about Helrich, but a few questions keep coming to mind, which I believe I need answering before we can make come to any useful conclusions. The discussion as it has developed up to this point has struck me as incomplete, with a focus on Helfrich's personality and character traits and his (assumed) lack of knowledge or professionality.

An incomplete discussion and the use of rather subjective subjective adverbs such as "fanatical" gives me the impression that we are already branding Helfrich. I'm not against pointing out his errors after the fact (like the Monday Morning Quarterbacks that we are), but only on a fair basis.

What exactly are we trying to discover or prove in this discussion? Are we arguing the validity of Helfrich's decisions? Are we trying to gain insight into his personality? Or insight into his professionality (knowledge of importance of air power etc.)?

What do we want to know? Which question should we start with?

I welcome your views on this,

Jan Visser

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Let's Go THIS Direction! - Tom Womack on Jun 7, 2010, 4:36 AM
  •  
  • perception of Admiral Helfrich - Nelson on Jun 7, 2010, 7:23 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement