Return to Index  

Funston-Boschfontein-Tilinta(Spelling is off)

October 29 2010 at 1:51 AM
No score for this post
Bob Burns  (no login)

Response to Re: MS Boschfontein

Thanks Bob 1942: What I would really like is a copy of the War Diary for the USAT Frederick Funston for the month of January 1943. As you may have read from earliar posts, the NARA MD archive said it does not exist. I do have the rest of the Transports with the TF62.6 January 1943 War Diary's.

The NARA MD location responded the same to inquires regarding the Boschfontein, "no War Diary's available for November 1942. I believe the first diary they have for this Dutch tranport is December 1942. I may not have the right spelling but I am looking for info on another Dutch transport during Nov 1942, whih may have transported other units of the 214th CAR from New Zealand to New Caledonia called the Tabinta (probably spelled wrong) got this from a living member of the 214thCAR.
Thanks,
Bob

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Funston-Boschfontein-Tilinta(Spelling is off) - Bob1942 on Oct 29, 2010, 6:10 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement