Re: Funston-Boschfontein-Tilinta(Spelling is off)October 29 2010 at 6:10 AM
No score for this post
|Bob1942 (Login Bob1942)|
Response to Funston-Boschfontein-Tilinta(Spelling is off)
I've discovered that several U.S. Navy ships didn't have War Diaries for January and February, 1943 either and their Deck Logs for those 2 months contained very little useful info, for some reason.
The Dutch troopship Tabinta sailed from Auckland with Boschfontein and President Grant on November 3, 1942 escorted by HMNZS Leander en-route to Noumea. The destroyer Lamson joined on the 5th and they arrived in Noumea on the 6th. Tabinta sailed from Noumea alone on Nov. 19th and arrived in San Francisco on December 6th.
MS Tabinta-MS Boschfontein-President Grant - Bob Burns on Nov 1, 2010, 10:09 PM
- Re: MS Tabinta-MS Boschfontein-President Grant - Bob1942 on Nov 2, 2010, 1:43 AM
- surviving war diaries for any U.S. Army transports? - Nelson on Nov 2, 2010, 8:17 AM
- war diary for USAT Frederick Funston available beginning April 1943? - Nelson on Nov 2, 2010, 8:25 AM
- War Diary's for USS Frederick Funston - Bob Burns on Nov 8, 2010, 3:34 AM
- Re: War Diaries for USS Frederick Funston - Nelson on Nov 8, 2010, 6:04 AM
- Re: War Diaries for USS Frederick Funston - Bob Burns on Nov 8, 2010, 1:50 PM
- War Diaries - USAT Republic, PLUM, Bloemfontein - johnday3 on Dec 3, 2013, 2:12 AM
- Re: War Diaries - Nelson on Dec 6, 2013, 8:39 PM