Maybe it's not the choices that are slim? rocky research...November 20 2011 at 12:42 AM
|Melmoth the Wriddler (DK) (no login)|
Response to forgot OTUS (AS 20)
OK, I say the door is half open, not half closed...
1) How many 37mm rds did CA-3O carry, and why, btw? Nelson really IS an artillery expert, I realize.
That, too, is quite important.
2) Maybe some ships carried ordnance not used in their own armament? BOISE surely did...
3) Her log confirms the nine tons of rock and rubble taken aboard at Tjilatjap. Could you tell me the composition and physical appearance of this material? I think it could be of great historical significance, too.
4) The other ships'logs didn't tell me quite as much, but---
5) How likely is it that CA30 sank with
250 five inch shells still aboard?
500 " " " ". ". "
None of the above?
6) Oh, found a doc by a CGM who stated that CA-30 got her remaining three 1.1s in Cavite...So, that takes care of that, thank heavens.
Now,bck to the important questions, and giddyup!