Re: Martin 139 unitsFebruary 11 2012 at 4:37 AM
No score for this post
|Jim Broshot (Login JimBroshot)|
Response to Re: Martin 139 units
"1-VLG II: When was it deployed to Samarinda II?'
1-VLG II is at Singosari as of 30 November 1941, with one flight ('Patrouille Butner') at Tarakan; it flies to Samarinda II on 5 December and Patrouille Butner joins it there.
"3-VLG III: It had aircrafts destroyed at Ulin (by the way, is it near Bandjermasin in southern Borneo?)on 27 january. When was it deployed there?"
'on the morning of 27 January six Martins [of 3-VLG III] took off from Kali Djati for Ulin in Southern Borneo...
'Whilst on the ground at Ulin and awaiting final orders for the raid, the Martins were struck by a group of Zero fighters and all were destroyed.... The crews were picked up by two Lodestars the next morning and taken back to Andir."
And a map accompanying the article shows Ulin to be immediately south of Banjermasin.
Re: Martin 139 units - Max Stola on Feb 14, 2012, 3:10 PM
- Re: Martin 139 units - Jim Broshot on Feb 15, 2012, 4:45 AM
- Article scan - Max Stola on Feb 15, 2012, 11:23 AM
- Re: Article scan - Jim Broshot on Feb 17, 2012, 4:46 AM
- Fighter units - Max Stola on Feb 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
- Re: Fighter units - Jim Broshot on Feb 19, 2012, 7:40 PM