Return to Index  

Casual Officer aboard Bloemfontein Darwin

December 3 2013 at 1:50 AM
No score for this post
johnday3  (Login johnday3)

Response to Re: Clarence H. Smalley's log

Keith/Nelson
My father was a Casual Officer aboard the Bloemfontein in Darwin. An Army Captain at the time, he was assigned to Col. Searle as Headquarters Battery Commander for the 26th Field Artillery Brigade while in port in Darwin. There were three other casual officers assigned to the 26th at the same time. All the other remaining Casual Officers got off the Bloemfontein in Darwin. My father went on to Soerabaja, Singosari, and eventually was I believe the highest ranking officer among the group that evacuated back to Australia aboard the MS Abbekerk. I am in possession of his daily diary for the period, and would be pleased to discuss the story with you. For the record, I am writing a book.

I must say I have been impressed with the accuracy of Nelson's postings on the events of the Pensacola Convoy and would enjoy contacting Nelson?

johnday3@sbcglobal.net

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement