Re: According to the dictionary...............December 21 2013 at 4:27 PM
No score for this post
|Jacques (no login)|
Response to According to the dictionary...............
Gili Radja (7°13'S, 113°46'E) 64nm East of Surabaya is the principal island of a group situated off the southeast coast of Madura - the Gili Islands referred to in Mark C. Jones' "Escape from Soerabaja" (see "Specials" on this site). There are no islands in Madura Strait (Straat Madoera) which I always thought to be only the narrow passage between East Java and the island of Madura but it's now clear that Madura Strait is actually the entire "gulf" between Java and Madura.
Does anyone know if/how SCHOUTEN was armed as an air defence ship and did she see any action?
Re: According to the dictionary............... - Jan Visser on Dec 21, 2013, 8:36 PM
- Thanks Guys! - Tom on Dec 22, 2013, 8:35 AM
- Re: Thanks Guys! - Jan Visser on Dec 22, 2013, 6:26 PM
- Thanx! N/T - Tom on Dec 22, 2013, 10:15 PM
- ms Schouten - Jamie Smith on Oct 10, 2016, 4:29 PM
- M.S. Schouten - Jacques on Oct 10, 2016, 8:48 PM