Return to Index  

follow-up

June 29 2014 at 7:44 PM
No score for this post
Nelson  (no login)

Response to Re: S.A. Reconnaissance Car (I insist!)

Jacques,

Yes, I noticed that the Mark II SARC with the moderate changes, suggesting that it had merely lost its turret in lieu of mounting the 20mm Breda, has a higher serial number, F.22888, than the Mark II car with, seemingly, a brand new hull, F.22753 or F.22853. Note that the lower photo is of a model of the Mark II with the Breda 20mm, so the serial number could be spurious (though most of these model makers pride themselves on reproducing actual vehicles and weapons, replete with correct serial numbers). The other thing is that the lower vehicle---and I've seen actual photos---does NOT show the front driver's door welded shut, which would be impossible to hide, but rather no access/exit door adjacent to the driver and a newly positioned door midway along the hull, suggesting a newly built hull.

[linked image]

Of course the disparity in the order of the serial numbers needs to be explained.

Nelson

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Still working on that response! - Jacques on Jul 2, 2014, 8:43 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement