Return to Index  

Ships bell

November 10 2014 at 12:03 PM
No score for this post
Geoffrey moesker  (Login Moesker)

Response to Hi Geoffrey

Hello Katrina , Jacques and Jan

Back on the site and saw your reply . Dad joined the KPM in the thirties and was at sea when war broke out . In 1945 he stayed in Australia after the war , the Dutch authorities chasing him to go and fight in Indonesia which he refused to do. He was born in Groningen and my grandfather was an engine driver for the Dutch Railway . If you would like to catch up my email is geoffm@ozgse.com.au or phone me on 0412029700 .

The ships bell has a fair bit of sentimental value to the family and it would be nice to know its whereabouts , along with his medals and stamp collection . He left these with a girlfriend in Adelaide , Miss Adelaide , during the war . Another story to be told .i think we have a few photos of his exploit during the war .

Thanks to all in anticipation of more stories about our fathers . Could make a good film about their exploits .

Will follow up soon . Have a hectic week working at Brisbane Airport for the G20 .

Cheers ,

Geoffrey Moesker

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• KPM Ships - Piet on May 16, 2015, 3:39 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement