A question that, HOPEFULLY, someone will answer this time. ;-)June 12 2015 at 3:27 AM
No score for this post
|KevinD (no login)|
Response to For those that can read Dutch, two questions then please
Even though no-one ever responded to my questions in my previous post, let me now try a different one. After all, as they say, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.
It is a question re the content of Meijer's first hand account of Augustina’s sinking attached in a previous post by Jan Visser on Feb 9, 2014.
In the few pages re the sinking in Edwards book (Japanese Blitzkrieg) he mentions Augustina being able to "see the tall peak on the island of Bali abeam to starboard" shortly after the second overflight by Japanese planes (i.e. when the planes were heading back north), that is just prior to her being approached by an IJN warship, supposedly - but unlikely IMO - the DD Harukaze. Now that we know (from the discovery of Augustina's wreck some years ago) that Augustina was nowhere near Bali, the only peak she could have possibly been able to see to starboard that day would be on Bawean Island.
So my question to those that can read Dutch is; Is there any mention AT ALL in Miejer's account/s about seeing a peak (whether Bali or not), or has Edwards just taken some poetic license in his attestation of that supposed peak sighting?
An answer / clarification re if there is anything in Meijer's statement re seeing a peak would be GREATLY appreciated to aid in some research I am doing re the events that day.
TIA (after all, one can always hope)!
No, nothing. - Jacques on Jun 13, 2015, 9:03 AM
- A very big THANKYOU Jacques; so I wonder………. - KevinD on Jun 14, 2015, 12:41 PM
- culprits - nuyt on Jun 15, 2015, 5:22 PM
- Still nothing new. - Jacques on Jun 15, 2015, 7:22 PM
- Thanks Jacques - nuyt on Jun 15, 2015, 8:31 PM
- Well, AGAIN, I owe you a BIG thankyou Jacques....... - KevinD on Jun 16, 2015, 1:55 AM
- Floating for days - nuyt on Jun 16, 2015, 9:33 AM
- Re: Floating for days - KevinD on Jun 16, 2015, 10:03 AM
- OK - nuyt on Jun 16, 2015, 1:00 PM
- Currents - KevinD on Jun 16, 2015, 2:49 PM
- Re: Currents (et al.) - Nelson on Jun 16, 2015, 8:01 PM
- follow-up - Nelson on Jun 16, 2015, 11:06 PM
- An answer for you Nelson - KevinD on Jun 17, 2015, 1:37 AM
- Re: An answer for you Nelson - Nelson on Jun 17, 2015, 3:24 PM
- Minesweepers - nuyt on Jun 17, 2015, 3:16 PM
- Re: Minesweepers - Nelson on Jun 17, 2015, 4:14 PM
- Minesweepers and Massacres - nuyt on Jun 17, 2015, 4:47 PM
- Minesweepers and Destroyers - Nelson on Jun 18, 2015, 7:08 AM
- those IJN minesweepers again - Nelson on Jun 18, 2015, 8:04 PM
- Nelson, my answers to the questions you posed to me - KevinD on Jun 19, 2015, 10:12 AM
- Re: ....answers to the questions - Nelson on Jun 19, 2015, 8:18 PM
- Kevin: A rethink and three last candidates... - Nelson on Jun 22, 2015, 5:50 PM
- A very brief answer - KevinD on Jun 23, 2015, 4:12 AM
- Re: A very brief answer - Nelson on Jun 23, 2015, 6:45 AM
- Your 'assumptions' re my 'position' are correct - KevinD on Jun 23, 2015, 9:42 AM
- Who then (at least presumptively)? - Nelson on Jun 23, 2015, 4:06 PM
- Re: Who then (at least presumptively)? - KevinD on Jun 23, 2015, 10:53 PM
- two WHY questions - Nelson on Jun 24, 2015, 1:48 AM
- another candidate - Nelson on Jun 24, 2015, 5:40 PM
- Way forward - Nuyt on Jul 9, 2015, 4:31 PM
- Re: Way forward - Nelson on Jul 10, 2015, 5:09 AM
- Minesweepers and Massacres 2 - Nuyt on Jul 10, 2015, 12:56 PM
- Re: Minesweepers and Massacres 2 - Nelson on Jul 10, 2015, 3:00 PM
- Agreed - Nuyt on Jul 10, 2015, 4:10 PM
- Re: Tommy Guns - nuyt on Jul 9, 2015, 4:44 PM
- Not I being quoted - Nelson on Jul 10, 2015, 12:40 AM
- Corrected - Nuyt on Jul 10, 2015, 12:58 PM