Return to Index  

the second time around

August 27 2015 at 2:31 PM
No score for this post
Nelson  (no login)

Response to Re: and another one....maybe

Jim,

> I tried a search using ‘Searle’ and then ‘Java’ as terms but found nothing. >

Thanks for looking, and my apology for plumb forgetting I had made this same request 5 1/2 years ago, also coming up empty.

You near-flummoxed me with the Ike Skelton reference. Funniest thing, but a pal and I are making up a comprehensive list of locations where any of the three nearly identical models of the early 20th century U.S. Army 3-inch field gun are displayed—the first modern field guns designed after the embarrassments suffered from the antiques the army was forced to deploy in the Spanish-American War and the Peking Relief Expedition. One of those sites is the Museum for Missouri Military History at the Ike Skelton Training Center, not far east of Jefferson City, a site my friend and I discussed only earlier this week. Because the Training Center is strictly a Missouri Guard facility, your mention of that worthy in reference to CARL took me aback, until I learned that Skelton’s name now graces the research library at Fort Leavenworth and thereupon all was ‘splained.

> second assistant briefcase carrier in a jury trial >

Just so’z I’ll have this straight: This is a distinctly recognized position for which three years at a decent law school prepares one?

Nelson

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Of CARL, 3inch guns AND OT - Junior Barristers - Jim Broshot on Aug 28, 2015, 5:14 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement