Return to Index  

Of CARL, 3inch guns AND OT - Junior Barristers

August 28 2015 at 5:14 AM
No score for this post
Jim Broshot  (Login JimBroshot)

Response to the second time around

Nelson:

Will keep monitoring CARL (and other sites) for your missing report. Would there have been anything published in postwar issues of THE FIELD ARTILLERY JOURNAL?

"Funniest thing, but a pal and I are making up a comprehensive list of locations where any of the three nearly identical models of the early 20th century U.S. Army 3-inch field gun are displayed—the first modern field guns designed after the embarrassments suffered from the antiques the army was forced to deploy in the Spanish-American War and the Peking Relief Expedition. One of those sites is the Museum for Missouri Military History at the Ike Skelton Training Center, not far east of Jefferson City, a site my friend and I discussed only earlier this week"

I went to Kansas City MO a few weekends ago and got to spend two hours in the NATIONAL WORLD WAR I MUSEUM (at the Liberty Memorial). Very impressive place and I wish I had more time to spend there that day.

They also have a U S Army 3-inch field gun. I took a photograph, the placard says "U. S. 3 in Field Gun, Model of 1895 and Carriage, Model of 1902"
And a whole lot more artillery also.

> second assistant briefcase carrier in a jury trial >
Just so’z I’ll have this straight: This is a distinctly recognized position for which three years at a decent law school prepares one?

When its a will contest involving an estate with property worth several hundreds of thousands of dollars (this is 1976) and a charitable trust, you have at counsel table: Ike Skelton and his associate, my employer (who hired Skelton to try the case for him). The two attorneys representing the proponents of the will, the two lawyers who wrote the will (who allowed to sit at counsel table even though they can't participate) and two assistant attorneys general (because of the charitable trust), there isnt any room left at the table for a neophyte barrister barely one year out of law school.
I did get to have dinner with Mr. (later Congresman) Skelton at his house.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Of CARL, 3inch guns, &c. - Nelson on Aug 28, 2015, 9:53 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement