Return to Index  

Scott Harley Update

October 16 2016 at 11:58 AM
No score for this post
Wilson Wright  (Login wwright01)

Response to HMS Scott Harley

Hi Guys, Sorry to crash this thread but if you are still interested I believe I have some updated info on the Scott Harley. Just started researching my father's war career and so far have pieced together this info.

The Scott Harley was one of the last ships out of Singapore and my father was on it, OS R Wright RN. I know he reached Tjilatjap successfully as did another ship not recorded on this website - the JERAM, a British whaler(R, 210t, 1927), also recorded as an evacuation vessel out of Singapore but with no record of loss. I have a photo of my father swimming off Tjilatjap with both ships moored off shore in the background sometime after 15th Feb.

I also have several photos of him aboard the TAWALI with the remaining crew of both the Scott Harley and the Jeram on route to Colombo. Based on this and the fact that there is no record of any Scott Harley survivors being picked up or indeed the existence of the Jeram in all the accounts you guys quote, I would believe that the ships were indeed scuppered just prior to the Tawali leaving.

I hope this helps to clear up at least this mystery. I know you guys are not in to allied shipping or the fall of Singapore as that is a British thing but I love the website and it has helped me enormously.

Best regards,

Wilson Wright
Northern Ireland

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Photos Of Scott Harley - Tom Womack on Oct 16, 2016, 4:24 PM
  •  
  • Re: Scott Harley Update - Jacques on Oct 16, 2016, 8:46 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement